About the course
Updated and presented by SHELTER
- The history of safeguarding in Britain- why we are where we are today!
- What is safeguarding in the maritime world?
- Legislation that underpins safeguarding in the UK
- Your safeguarding policies and how they support you
- Roles, responsibility and accountability (yours, and maritime support services)
- Detailed categories of abuse understanding definitions, signs and symptoms
- Reporting a concern – a legal responsibility including overseas
- Confidentiality and information sharing including overseas
- Record keeping and report writing
- Dealing with disclosure
Courses arranged upon request.
This is a one day course which can be held at a regional venue or MNWB’s head office. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to host this course in your workplace.
The Board will cover all administration costs but not travel and accommodation expenses for this course, except in exceptional circumstances. These circumstances would need to be discussed with our Deputy Chief Executive.